- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- Young Persons Called to Private Grand Jury for Owning Books
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- LaborFest 2012 on now in San Francisco
- Additional thoughts on George Tiller, on the anniversary of his murder
- New Forms of Hacktivism: Pinterest, Twitter and IFTTT
- Greek Elections – and photos of the protests that drove the change
- Who is NotCanada.com?
- Mandela Day
- Tarzan Swings Again, or Africa, The Dark Continent
- Hey Public Radio - Africa is a Big Continent
- The Coming Insurrection
- Labor 2.0 - The Digital Sweatshops, pt 1
- Big Brother - Arizona Parties Like It's 1984
- Site of the Week: The Billboard Liberation Front
- Men Who Hate Women
- Kids and Kommercialism - Infants and TV
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction sex situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation UK UN
What I’m reading…
Another world is not only possible, she's on the way and, on a quiet day, if you listen very carefully you can hear her breathe.
~ Arundhati Roy
Since 1936 I have fought for wage increases. My father before me fought for wage increases. Now I have a TV, a fridge, a Volkswagen. Yet my whole life has been a drag. Don’t negotiate with the bosses. Abolish them.
~ message from the walls, Paris, May 1968
No, I am not a reasonable being, nor do I consider our scheme reasonable. Who the hell wants to be reasonable?
~ Emma Goldman
Be reasonable—demand the impossible.
What I’m on AboutRants and ruminations about radical social change, broadly conceived, with particular attention to globalization, corporate capitalism, popular culture, social history, and climate change...
Götterdämmerung capitalism, and the revolution in everyday life.
- What Should We Tell Our Daughters? by Melissa Benn – review
- Do we still need women-only spaces? | Naomi Wolf
- JSoc: Obama's secret assassins | Naomi Wolf
- Lovelace: a feminism-free 'feminist' critique of the pornography industry | Naomi Wolf
- Obama's second inaugural address: panel verdict
- Will Obama's 'war on weed' really ride roughshod over American voters? | Naomi Wolf
- A letter to Kathryn Bigelow on Zero Dark Thirty's apology for torture | Naomi Wolf
- Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy | Naomi Wolf
- The coming drone attack on America | Naomi Wolf
- NYPD for hire: how uniformed New York cops moonlight for banks | Naomi Wolf