- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction sex situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation UK UN
What I’m reading…
Another world is not only possible, she's on the way and, on a quiet day, if you listen very carefully you can hear her breathe.
~ Arundhati Roy
Since 1936 I have fought for wage increases. My father before me fought for wage increases. Now I have a TV, a fridge, a Volkswagen. Yet my whole life has been a drag. Don’t negotiate with the bosses. Abolish them.
~ message from the walls, Paris, May 1968
No, I am not a reasonable being, nor do I consider our scheme reasonable. Who the hell wants to be reasonable?
~ Emma Goldman
Be reasonable—demand the impossible.
What I’m on AboutRants and ruminations about radical social change, broadly conceived, with particular attention to globalization, corporate capitalism, popular culture, social history, and climate change...
Götterdämmerung capitalism, and the revolution in everyday life.
- HRC: State Secrets and the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes review
- What Should We Tell Our Daughters? by Melissa Benn review
- Do we still need women-only spaces? | Naomi Wolf
- JSoc: Obama's secret assassins | Naomi Wolf
- Lovelace: a feminism-free 'feminist' critique of the pornography industry | Naomi Wolf
- Obama's second inaugural address: panel verdict
- Will Obama's 'war on weed' really ride roughshod over American voters? | Naomi Wolf
- A letter to Kathryn Bigelow on Zero Dark Thirty's apology for torture | Naomi Wolf
- Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy | Naomi Wolf
- The coming drone attack on America | Naomi Wolf