- Who is NotCanada.com?
- Hey Public Radio - Africa is a Big Continent
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- BP Oil Spill Inside Job?
- Tarzan Swings Again, or Africa, The Dark Continent
- Mandela Day
- BP Oil Spill: Yet More Ledes, Excerpts and Links – May 8 through May 22
- Reading List: The Protestor's Handbook by Bibi Van Der Zee
Tags60s advertising Africa African American Anarchism art books children climate change consumerism corporations critical media literacy downloads economy energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Music news coverage Obama Occupy Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research San Francisco science fiction television transportation UK UN
What I’m reading…
Another world is not only possible, she's on the way and, on a quiet day, if you listen very carefully you can hear her breathe.
~ Arundhati Roy
Since 1936 I have fought for wage increases. My father before me fought for wage increases. Now I have a TV, a fridge, a Volkswagen. Yet my whole life has been a drag. Don’t negotiate with the bosses. Abolish them.
~ message from the walls, Paris, May 1968
No, I am not a reasonable being, nor do I consider our scheme reasonable. Who the hell wants to be reasonable?
~ Emma Goldman
Be reasonable—demand the impossible.
What I’m on AboutRants and ruminations about radical social change, broadly conceived, with particular attention to globalization, corporate capitalism, popular culture, social history, and climate change...
Götterdämmerung capitalism, and the revolution in everyday life.
- Do we still need women-only spaces? | Naomi Wolf
- JSoc: Obama's secret assassins | Naomi Wolf
- Lovelace: a feminism-free 'feminist' critique of the pornography industry | Naomi Wolf
- Obama's second inaugural address: panel verdict
- Will Obama's 'war on weed' really ride roughshod over American voters? | Naomi Wolf
- A letter to Kathryn Bigelow on Zero Dark Thirty's apology for torture | Naomi Wolf
- Revealed: how the FBI coordinated the crackdown on Occupy | Naomi Wolf
- The coming drone attack on America | Naomi Wolf
- NYPD for hire: how uniformed New York cops moonlight for banks | Naomi Wolf
- Feinstein amendment doubles down on NDAA's assault on constitutional rights | Naomi Wolf