WikiLeaks and Julian Paul Assange : The New Yorker – Excellent background piece that came out in the wake of the “Collateral Murder” video of the helicopter attack in Iraq. Makes for useful background reading to the current furor over the “Afghanistan war logs” leak/publication.
- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- LaborFest 2012 on now in San Francisco
- Additional thoughts on George Tiller, on the anniversary of his murder
- New Forms of Hacktivism: Pinterest, Twitter and IFTTT
- Greek Elections – and photos of the protests that drove the change
- Who is NotCanada.com?
- Reading List: The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi [updated]
- FOUR YEARS. GO. - But where? and how will we get there? and who exactly is paying?
- "Are air fresheners bad for the environment?" - Do you really need to ask?
- Free e-book: Class War? What Americans Really Think about Economic Inequality
- "I'm New Here" - a new album from Gil Scott-Heron
- Black History Month
- Hey Public Radio - Africa is a Big Continent
- Mandela Day
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction sex situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation UK UN
What I’m reading…