WikiLeaks and Julian Paul Assange : The New Yorker – Excellent background piece that came out in the wake of the “Collateral Murder” video of the helicopter attack in Iraq. Makes for useful background reading to the current furor over the “Afghanistan war logs” leak/publication.
- Hey Public Radio - Africa is a Big Continent
- Who is NotCanada.com?
- Tarzan Swings Again, or Africa, The Dark Continent
- Occupy Market Street
- CatEye Commuter - A Carbon Footprint Fail
- The Culture Wars and Class War
- Labor 2.0 - The Digital Sweatshops, pt 1
- BP Oil Spill Inside Job?
- Kim Stanley Robinson on Science and Religion
- Radical Records: Violeta Parra, Chilean Musician and Activist
Tags60s advertising Africa African American Anarchism art books children climate change consumerism corporations critical media literacy downloads economy energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Music news coverage Obama Occupy Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research San Francisco science fiction television transportation UK UN
What I’m reading…