It’s about time! Google Maps has finally added a Bike There feature. They’ve been plugging away for awhile now on ways to get directions for cyclists that avoids hills, excessive traffic, and points you in the best directions for pedaling to your destination. After a long time of lobbying by grassroots groups (it was all the way back in 2008 that we saw the petition circulating to add the feature), we finally have a thorough set of directions for alternative transportation, rounding out the walk there and public transit features.
- Stalin, Industrialization, WWII
- Return of the Bumbling Op
- Twitter, Feminists, (M)Anarchists… and the problem of open discussion [updated]
- This is why we can’t have nice stuff—Ashley Judd edition
- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation Twitter UK UN
What I’m reading…