“Ethiopia is one of the hungriest countries in the world with more than 13 million people needing food aid, but paradoxically the government is offering at least 3m hectares of its most fertile land to rich countries and some of the world’s most wealthy individuals to export food for their own populations…”
- Stalin, Industrialization, WWII
- Return of the Bumbling Op
- Twitter, Feminists, (M)Anarchists… and the problem of open discussion [updated]
- This is why we can’t have nice stuff—Ashley Judd edition
- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- (no title)
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- BP Oil Spill: Yet More Ledes, Excerpts and Links – May 8 through May 22
- "Are air fresheners bad for the environment?" - Do you really need to ask?
- Labor 2.0 - The Digital Sweatshops, pt 1
- Wearing Badges is Not Enough...
- BP Oil Spill: Extensive Collection of Ledes, Excerpts and Links - April 30 through May 7
- Who is NotCanada.com?
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation Twitter UK UN
What I’m reading…