Tea is a more ecologically sound caffeine-delivery system (CDS) than coffee in that it requires 5x as much water to produce one cup of coffee as it does one cup of tea (here). Nevertheless, coffee has always been my preferred CDS, and I think over the last couple of weeks I have OD’d on tea – or rather on the Tea Party. So, now that the lead-up to April 15th – and April 19th – is coming to an end, I’m going to declare a temporary moratorium on Tea Party posts…. and go back to the café.
- Stalin, Industrialization, WWII
- Return of the Bumbling Op
- Twitter, Feminists, (M)Anarchists… and the problem of open discussion [updated]
- This is why we can’t have nice stuff—Ashley Judd edition
- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- (no title)
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation Twitter UK UN
What I’m reading…