Spokesmen and bureaucrats of multinational capitalist corporations will be in Istanbul, Turkey on 6 – 7 October for the 2009 Annual Meetings of the Boards of Governors of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund where they will have decisions to destroy the lives of billions of people.
No doubt, this will be another meeting to save the benefits of capitalist rulers, they will discuss economic packages, reconstructions and austerity politics and constitutional accordance conditions, which only adds another ring to the exploitation chain for the future of the poor and the planet we live on.
First-hand experiences in Argentina, Jamaica, Nigeria, Kenya and elsewhere have long proved that the World Band and IMF policies have no benefits other than indigence and exploitation. IMF and the World Bank, the leading architects of global capitalism, are the primary instruments of the banishment of the poor from their habitat and their homes by urban gentrification politics, commercialization and monopolization of water resources by selling it out to a few international corporations, the condemnation of the local farmers to global capitalist corporations with neo-liberal agriculture policies, and adding new rings to the chains of workers by implementing new employment legislations.
13.000 criminals and possibly even more patrolling forces to protect them will be walking amongst us on those days. Those days will be probably like hell. Police searches, id controls, blocking streets, fencings and so on.
Come on; let’s show them what hell is! Our bonfire will be their nightmare!
We call for a week of global resistance and actions against IMF and WB between 1-8 October. In Istanbul we are planning to organize workshops, exhibitions, movie screenings, conversations and activities against IMF and World Bank. Accommodation for those coming from other cities and abroad will be arranged. If you want to participate in the preparations and the process of mobilization please contact us at email@example.com
- Stalin, Industrialization, WWII
- Return of the Bumbling Op
- Twitter, Feminists, (M)Anarchists… and the problem of open discussion [updated]
- This is why we can’t have nice stuff—Ashley Judd edition
- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- (no title)
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation Twitter UK UN
What I’m reading…