- Stalin, Industrialization, WWII
- Return of the Bumbling Op
- Twitter, Feminists, (M)Anarchists… and the problem of open discussion [updated]
- This is why we can’t have nice stuff—Ashley Judd edition
- Generation Serf, part 1
- Digital Sweatshop: Web Content Editors
- Sweden Wants Your Trash
- I wonder what it will take for my city to rise
- Innovations to make future cities far more livable?
- CatEye Commuter - A Carbon Footprint Fail
- A Soundtrack for Black History Month: How Fares the Dream?
- Kim Stanley Robinson on Science and Religion
- Green Consumerism Fail: Carbon Fiber Hybrid Yacht
- Men Who Hate Women
- Who is NotCanada.com?
- Ideas: The Scoop on Poop
- "I'm New Here" - a new album from Gil Scott-Heron
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation Twitter UK UN
What I’m reading…
Another world is not only possible, she's on the way and, on a quiet day, if you listen very carefully you can hear her breathe.
~ Arundhati Roy
Since 1936 I have fought for wage increases. My father before me fought for wage increases. Now I have a TV, a fridge, a Volkswagen. Yet my whole life has been a drag. Don’t negotiate with the bosses. Abolish them.
~ message from the walls, Paris, May 1968
No, I am not a reasonable being, nor do I consider our scheme reasonable. Who the hell wants to be reasonable?
~ Emma Goldman
Be reasonable—demand the impossible.
What I’m on AboutRants and ruminations about radical social change, broadly conceived, with particular attention to globalization, corporate capitalism, popular culture, social history, and climate change...
Götterdämmerung capitalism, and the revolution in everyday life.
- Young women, give up the vocal fry and reclaim your strong female voice | Naomi Wolf
- Naomi Wolf: The fastest way to spread extremism is with the censor’s boot
- HRC: State Secrets and the Rebirth of Hillary Clinton by Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes – review
- What Should We Tell Our Daughters? by Melissa Benn – review
- Do we still need women-only spaces? | Naomi Wolf
- JSoc: Obama's secret assassins | Naomi Wolf
- Lovelace: a feminism-free 'feminist' critique of the pornography industry | Naomi Wolf
- Obama's second inaugural address: panel verdict
- Will Obama's 'war on weed' really ride roughshod over American voters? | Naomi Wolf
- A letter to Kathryn Bigelow on Zero Dark Thirty's apology for torture | Naomi Wolf