WikiLeaks and Julian Paul Assange : The New Yorker – Excellent background piece that came out in the wake of the “Collateral Murder” video of the helicopter attack in Iraq. Makes for useful background reading to the current furor over the “Afghanistan war logs” leak/publication.
- CatEye Commuter - A Carbon Footprint Fail
- Kim Stanley Robinson on Science and Religion
- Green Consumerism Fail: Carbon Fiber Hybrid Yacht
- Men Who Hate Women
- Who is NotCanada.com?
- Ideas: The Scoop on Poop
- A Soundtrack for Black History Month: How Fares the Dream?
- "I'm New Here" - a new album from Gil Scott-Heron
- 60s 70s advertising Afghanistan Africa African American aid Anarchism architecture art Australia bicycles books Canada cartoons children civil rights climate change conspiracy consumerism cool corporations critical media literacy direct action downloads economics economy election energy Europe event feminism financial crisis food France fundamentalists Greece hacktivism hate groups health history humor IMF/World Bank immigration Internet labor Middle East military Music news coverage Northern Ireland nuclear weapons Obama Occupy OWS Politics privacy protests racism radical right Research riot San Francisco school science fiction situationist sports stuff technology television terrorism transportation Twitter UK UN
What I’m reading…