Earlier today, @OccupyWallStNYC tweeted: “Corporations are organized across borders. It’s time for the 99% to get organized GLOBALLY.” But in fact the Occupy movement went global pretty much as soon as it began.
One of the more powerful expressions of the internationalized Occupy movement has been coming out of Indonesia, where Nobodycorp. Internationale Unlimited is producing an amazing range of political poster art. One of the most striking things about these posters is their intensity. The Occupy movement in Jakarta is grappling not just with underwater mortgages and layoffs, but with military violence and murder, with the problems of Muslim terrorism and with breakaway movements in places like Aceh.
- Nobodycorp. Internationale Unlimited – on Tumblr
- Nobodycorp Internationale Unlimited on the Behance Network.
- Indonesia – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Indonesian Politics and Society – on Powells.com
- Occupy Wall Street | #OCCUPYCHICAGO | #OCCUPYWALLSTREET | Adbusters Culturejammer Headquarters.
- Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for World Revolution.
- Twitter / @OccupyWallStNYC: Corporations are organized ….
- Occupy World Street: A Global Roadmap for Radical Economic and Political Reform – on Powells.com
- Time: What Is Occupy?: Inside the Global Movement – on Powells.com
- The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism by Naomi Klein – on Powells.com
- Rebel Cities: From the Right to the City to the Urban Revolution, by David Harvey – on Powells.com